Sunday 15 January 2017

Week 0

How important is it for you to develop effective communication skills?

What might you do in this course to help yourself develop as an effective interpersonal communicator?




Communication is essential and it is important for me to develop effective communication skills as I believe it is applicable in the working world. Communication can be categorized in this manner, verbal or non - verbal. However in my opinion, I think that combining both ways is most effective.
i.e Remaining eye contact and correct body posture while speaking to a client shows that you are interested in working together to fulfil the agreement. After all one needs to make a good impression as it goes a long way.

Another example is the 'tone' in your messages via email, letters and etc. Let say if you want to indicate a matter of importance in your email, Through my experience, I believe one would bold that part of sentence to indicate deadlines or urgency. I might be wrong, but there are many ways on how messages are being delivered through communications. Through this module, I will learn and improve my communication skills that will be taught by the lecturer from this module. Furthermore the skills that I will be learning will be useful in work and also in daily life events.

No comments:

Post a Comment